This Playbook provides the Application items (below) as well as several informational Plays that relate to various aspects of the program. It is kept up to date, with the latest updates shown in blue (as of 1/4/17).
Please scroll all the way down to see the additional items requested for current 2nd Round and in-person interviews, which are added BELOW the First Round application items. For more information about the open innovation project offered through USC Marshall School of Business and JoinIN, please see the "USC Program Details and Deliverables" play on this playbook.
To apply, please create a Playbook for your company, or use your existing company account. Then copy and paste the text below and fill in the fields as needed in your own Playbook. Please note, you can make your Playbook public or private. But if you make it private, please remember to add the "JoinIN Team" and Professor "Ann Majchrzak" as teammates. To do this, simply go to the League, search for these names and below the picture or initials, select the playbook you want to add us to from the pull down. NOTE making your playbook private, limits the benefits of open innovation.
FIRST ROUND APPLICATION FOR BUSINESS PROCESS DESIGN
Organization Type and Size (only select one please):
Company/Number of Employees:
Non-profit/Number Served Annually:
Academic Organization/Number of Students:
Group or a Community/Number of Members:
Other Organization Type (explain):
Your Organization's Product or Service (please be specific):
Your Organization's Point of Contact:
Area of Business Process Improvement Your Organization Needs (please be as specific as you can):
Other Helpful Background Information You'd Like to Provide About Your Organization:
Please update your Playbook no later than 11:59 pm 1/10/17. Second Round in-person interviews are conducted in the first two weeks of January before the final selection. The selected organizations will be notified by 1/16/17.
If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to contact team@JoinIN.la.
2nd ROUND APPLICATION FOR BUSINESS PROCESS DESIGN
1) The student team will focus on ONE area of business process improvement that your organization needs. If you have not done so already, please provide the following:
- What is the ONE specific business area you need help with?
- What is the process you have been using in this business area?
- What is your expectation of the level of improvement that can be achieved in one semester?
2) What is your experience with business process improvement?
- Have you had anyone advise or consult with you in this regard? If so, what were the results?
- How willing are you to consider creative business process redesigns?
- How willing are you to consider use of software as a service (online software) to enable process improvement?
3) Where is your organization currently operating from? Your address is preferred, but a a general area is acceptable (like DTLA, West side, Hollywood, etc)
4) Are you willing to participate in physical meetings (i.e. JoinIN Huddles) with students on USC campus?
- If so, are you available on January 30th and April 26th to JoinIN the USC class (2 hours each)? These are two key dates for program launch and program final presentations.
- There will be up to two additional Huddles (in February and March). Are you willing to attend up to two additional meetings (TBD dates, 2 hours each)?
5) How do you think you and your organization can benefit the USC students?
- Can you commit to providing a rating of the project outcome?
- Can you commit to individual rating of the students assigned to your organization?
- Can the students assigned to your organization list you as a reference in their future job search?